Role and Function
The SRPA is tasked with the following duties -
- administering and supervising compliance with the provisions of the Ordinance (including monitoring sales practices through regular inspections and checks on sales brochures, price lists, show flats, sales offices, registers of transactions, sales arrangement announcements, vendors’ websites and advertisements);
- handling complaints and public enquiries;
- arranging publicity programmes and educating the public on matters relating to the sales of first-hand residential properties;
- issuing practice guidelines for the trade, conducting investigations on cases of non-compliance with the provisions of the Ordinance; and
- maintaining an electronic database containing the sales brochures, price lists, and registers of transactions of individual first-hand residential developments.